Notifications
Clear all

Telemetry integration SPM4649T  

RSS

fedynr66
(@fedynr66)
Active Member Customer
23/02/2020 8:09 pm  

Hi there. I use my Brain2 BT together with the spm4649T receiver. On the spm4649T I use the "Laps / V Bat" input to measure my battery voltage and to transmit it via telemetry. Since the last updates (3.3.003 and 3.3.006) the battery voltage has been overwritten with the servo voltage after system start. Is there a way to get the telemetry values ​​from the receiver in addition to the RPM and servo voltage?

BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Moderator
24/02/2020 8:19 am  

We are not aware of any changes to the Spektrum telemetry routines in the latest firmware updates 3.3.003 / 3.3.006 of the Brain2 controllers.

Are you sure you haven't made any firmware updates to your transmitter or receiver in the meantime?

ReplyQuote
fedynr66
(@fedynr66)
Active Member Customer
24/02/2020 2:40 pm  

You are right, I recently updated my transmitter. I have now reset it to the old version, unfortunately without success. I don't know exactly which version I updated to 3.3.003, but I think I had a working configuration with 3.2.054. Is it possible to reset the brain to this version in order to reconstruct the telemetry transmission and to check my statements again? At the moment I receive the battery voltage briefly during the system start (while the LEDs on the brain alternate slowly between red and green) and from the time the LEDs flash faster I only get the servo voltage. I also re-bind the transmitter with the receiver several times and also carried out the Auto-Config in the Telemetry menu. The telememetry input in the Throttle & Governor menu on the Brain is set to "Basic Telemetry". Currently tested with: Transmitter DX8G2 V2.01 and V2.05 Brain2 BT V3.3.003 and V3.3.006 Receiver: SPM4649T V1.1.10

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Moderator
24/02/2020 6:20 pm  

We will evaluate in the coming days what change has been made with the latest updates of the transmitters causing this problem and report it to Spektrum.
Since Spektrum's introduction of the new "Smart" protocol, a number of minor problems have started as expected with such a major change. However, we believe that Spektrum will be able to solve all incompatibility issues.
However, it may take a long time for Spektrum to modify the AirWare firmware and the time needed for the modification and release is unfortunately not up to us.

ReplyQuote
fedynr66
(@fedynr66)
Active Member Customer
24/02/2020 7:10 pm  

@customercare

Thank you for your efforts. As mentioned before, a downgrade of the Spektrum AirWare to V2.01 (SMART has been implemented according to the changelog in V2.03) was useless.
However, additionally I would like to try Brain2 with V3.2.054. How can I downgrade?

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Moderator
25/02/2020 11:07 am  
Posted by: @fedynr66

@customercare

However, additionally I would like to try Brain2 with V3.2.054. How can I downgrade? 

Too old versions of the firmware's would cause the Windows, Android, iOS and Jeti and OpenTX integrations to work or even completely block configuration applications with the possible consequence that the new firmware could not be restored.
For this reason old versions that are removed from the firmware's list cannot be reused.

ReplyQuote
fedynr66
(@fedynr66)
Active Member Customer
26/02/2020 8:16 pm  

Thanks for your explanations. I have now added a satellite receiver and disconnected the data wire from the srxl receiver to Brain2. So I get the battery and receiver voltage from the srxl receiver. Would be great if that would work with Brain2.
Thanks for your help and time.

Martin

ReplyQuote
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Just leave your valid email address below.
Email Quantity We won't share your address with anybody else.