No mAh values? - Br...

Notifications
Clear all

No mAh values? - Brain2, FrSky R-X8R, Hobbywing 120A V4 and OpenTX Telemetry.

louisvantonder
(@louisvantonder)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

I am running a Brain2 + HW 120Amp V4 + FrSky R-X8R and an openTX radio.

I am getting telemetry, but nothing for mAh, Amp draw etc.
I do get RPM and a "Fuel" sensor. I can't quite figure out what the fuel sensor is supposed to do. It behaves strangely.

1. I am using the correct msh cable for telemetry between the RX and Brain2
2. I have things wired in as in the diagrams for FrSky + Brain2
3. Telemetry seems to be working, just no values for mAh and Amps. mAh is the one I am really after.
4. Governer seems to work in the brain setup, from what I can tell. No way for me to really test it.
5. I have my Hobbywing RPM signal cable connected to the GOV port on the brain.
6. I have nothing to connect to the 4-5-6 port? (Which seems to be the telemetry port?) My only signal cable from the ESC is the RPM sensor.
7. I have tried to discover new sensors, nothing more is reported.
8. I have not copied over/I am not running the LUAC scripts as I have no need to config the Brain from the TX. Does the scripts contain something that I might need?

The brain diagram shows to stick the ESC rpm sensor into the GOV port, but it also shows to connect the ESC telemetry into the 4-5-6 port? I only have the rpm lead from ESC?

Here is a video of my sensors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfRC7T3uCKc

Any ideas?

Thanks

BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

Please go in to the MANUALS section of the software and click on the the "Telemetry" icon. A pdf document open.

Search in the index of first page what it is your interest (Hobbywing and FrSky) and click on the row.

Then read the "Integration" pdf document with FrSky image.

In these two documents you can find all the answers to your questions.

Fuel is the Global Vibrations value that must remain below 200 to be able to have a good Auto Level and Rescue and a good mechanical condition of your model.

Happy new year!

ReplyQuote
louisvantonder
(@louisvantonder)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

@BrainDev , Thanks for the reply. All the info is there indeed as you say. It is just a bit hidden. I missed a few things. Everything is there, but the document is not laid out very well. May I suggest a possible better laid out documentation for the future?

All things considered, loving the telemetry! Good job!

p.s. for anyone else having issues, this thread on Helifreak is where the guys helped me to figure out what I missed.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=881107&page=1

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

Posted by: @louisvantonder

@BrainDev , Thanks for the reply. All the info is there indeed as you say. It is just a bit hidden. I missed a few things. Everything is there, but the document is not laid out very well. May I suggest a possible better laid out documentation for the future?

All things considered, loving the telemetry! Good job!

p.s. for anyone else having issues, this thread on Helifreak is where the guys helped me to figure out what I missed.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=881107&page=1

About: "It is just a bit hidden", what do you suggest we do besides writing it in the instructions on the connections page?

immagine

About: "the document is not laid out very well. May I suggest a possible better laid out documentation for the future?"

If you would like to rewrite the instructions so that they are clearer you are welcome to do so.
However, only two rules must be followed:

1) The instructions must answer and clarify all the questions and concerns we have received over the past four years in the various international forums and via forms on our website and via email to our support team (we can provide you with all the emails after we have retrieved them all, there must be about a thousand. You can consult the websites of the forums and Facebook groups yourself).

2) Since users soon get bored of reading instructions and never get to read them all the way through, instructions should be as brief as possible and no more than a single page should be used and should contain all the sufficient information.
ESC instructions should be on a single page.
Instructions for setting up telemetry for each type of radio should also each be on a single page.
This way users only have to read one page for their ESC model and only one page for their radio type.

On the other hand, the instructions for the use of the integrations of each radio brand must be separated from the telemetry instructions, and for each radio model a single and distinct instruction must be generated, which can consist of up to a maximum of two pages and any attached tables.
All instructions must be translated in different languages, so where possible, images must be created that are good for all the languages in which the instructions will be translated and can reduce text.

We thank you very much for your help!

ReplyQuote
louisvantonder
(@louisvantonder)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

There is really no need to get sarcastic and defensive when your customer tries to provide posetive feedback. That is a sure way to steer me clear of your brand in the future... It really does not make good business sense and puts a bad taste in my mouth  😉

I do understand your challenges tho, asI am a developer myself and know what you are referring to above. 

Having challenges, however, does not negate the issue of having clear and concise instructions for your product.

Your documentation is confusing. That is a fact you can confirm by all the questions and emails that you are referring to. 

I will gladly provide some Examples of what I found confusing as a new user to your product  (If you are open to feedback).

If not, then that is also alright. You can do you, and I will do me 😉 

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

It wasn't sarcasm. I actually believed it.
But that's okay.

ReplyQuote
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Just leave your valid email address below.
Email Quantity We won't share your address with anybody else.