[Solved] HW telemetry - sensors stay at 0 value
I have setup my Brain2-HW telemetry.
Sensors are being discovered but they remain at 0 value: Tmp1, Tmp2, Fuel, RB1C, RB2C, VFAS
Some other sensors have correct readings: RPM, TRSS, TQly, RSSI, RxBt
Also Brain2 OpenTX integration works fine
P.S: I have correctly connected the P pin from HW esc to pin 5 from Brain
- Brain 2, R-XSR with S Bus and Smart Port, Radiomaster TX16s
Any idea why I don`t get correct values for some sensors?
The values you receive (RPM, TRSS, TQly, RSSI, RxBt) are all values calculated inside the Flight Control Unit.
The values that you do not receive and that remain at zero are the values that the ESC should communicate to the flight control unit and that are then transmitted with the others from the flight control unit to your receiver.
If the ESC values are not received, they remain at zero.
You will then need to verify:
1) Have you correctly connected the cable that takes the "P" signal from the ESC programming port to the CH5 of CH4-5-6 connector of the control unit? Did you insert the connector between the housing and the Fligth control unit pins?
2) Have you selected the "HobbyWing" telemetry in the "Telemetry Input" dropdown in panel 12?
3) Have you updated the ESC firmware to the latest "generic" version (i.e. not VBAR-specific) available? Note: A few days ago the 5.0.0 software and firmware update was released by HobbyWing.
Isn't it Pin6 of the 4-5-6 for this type of telemetry protocol?
You caught my mistake.
If the receiver connection is made using S.Bus + Smart.Port protocols the ESC transmitted telemetry must be connected to CH6 PIN of CH4-5-6 connector.
If the receiver connection is made using F.Port protocol the ESC transmitted telemetry must be connected to CH5 PIN of CH4-5-6 connector.
I had two problems:
1. used pin 5 instead of pin 6 (it`s very easy to miss that "for frsky see pag. 10" maybe you can highlight with red or similar
2. HW 130a firmware is updating to by default to VBAR. I had to manually downgrade. This is also easy to miss in the manual..."original" is not so obvious what it points to.
It works fine now, thanks for quick help guys!
👍 👍 👍 👍