Taranis X9D SE-2019...

Notifications
Clear all

Taranis X9D SE-2019 / X8R Brain 2 Setup.  

RSS

Lance Njoroge
(@lance-njoroge)
Active Member Customer
18/11/2020 8:54 pm  

Hello all,

I hope you'll bear with me as a new Brain 2 user, I have some questions that I'm unable to find answers to.

I have downloaded the example setup and LUAC from download.

Q1, does X8R work? I'm using SBUS, Sport

Q2, I've 'Execute' the script but it's blank none of the menus are working.

Q3, do I need to get a different RX.

My TX is on the latest firmware 2.3.10 LBT, the helicopter setup is complete and ready for a maiden of the Brain.

I look forward to any help.

Thanks in advance. 

BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin
18/11/2020 10:00 pm  

We developed and tested the Smart Port telemetry signal decoding and the LUAC app with X8R receiver. So it works.

Before starting to use the LUAC application, did you set up the FCU with Windows software to work with FrSky (S.Bus, and Smart Port) protocols?

To connect the receiver to the Brain2 did you use the connection diagram present in the Windows application after selecting the FrSky protocol in the precedent panel?

Do the radio channels work? Can you control the swashplate, tail, tail gain and setup change?

Have you read the document "FrSky Integration" in the MANUALS section of the Windows application?

Which ESC model do you use?
Have you read the "Telemetry" document in the MANUALS section of the Windows application?

Using the Windows application you can download the configuration file of the control unit (File menu at the top left "Save config to file ...") and send it to us?

Which radio protocol are you using on the transmitter ACCST or ACCESS?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Lance Njoroge
(@lance-njoroge)
Active Member Customer
20/11/2020 6:22 am  
Posted by: @customercare

We developed and tested the Smart Port telemetry signal decoding and the LUAC app with X8R receiver. So it works.

Before starting to use the LUAC application, did you set up the FCU with Windows software to work with FrSky (S.Bus, and Smart Port) protocols?

To connect the receiver to the Brain2 did you use the connection diagram present in the Windows application after selecting the FrSky protocol in the precedent panel?

Do the radio channels work? Can you control the swashplate, tail, tail gain and setup change?

Have you read the document "FrSky Integration" in the MANUALS section of the Windows application?

Which ESC model do you use?
Have you read the "Telemetry" document in the MANUALS section of the Windows application?

Using the Windows application you can download the configuration file of the control unit (File menu at the top left "Save config to file ...") and send it to us?

Which radio protocol are you using on the transmitter ACCST or ACCESS?

Thanks

1) Before starting to use the LUAC application, did you set up the FCU with Windows software to work with FrSky (S.Bus, and Smart Port) protocols?      

Yes, and it's working

2) To connect the receiver to the Brain2 did you use the connection diagram present in the Windows application after selecting the FrSky protocol in the precedent panel?

Yes

3) Do the radio channels work? Can you control the swashplate, tail, tail gain and setup change?

Yes

4) Have you read the document "FrSky Integration" in the MANUALS section of the Windows application?

Yes

5) Which ESC model do you use?

I'm using an Align RCE-BL75G 75A Continuous, 100A Peak. 

6) Using the Windows application you can download the configuration file of the control unit (File menu at the top left "Save config to file ...") and send it to us?

How and to whom? or see attached file.

7) Which radio protocol are you using on the transmitter ACCST or ACCESS?

ACCST latest Frsky X8R firmware.

I'm not too concerned with ESC telemetry at this point, I was hoping to see the PID setup and access to other settings for fine tuning. I'm not setting up for 3D, just general sport flying and then install into a scale fuselage.

See attached pictures, how do I activate the fields? 

IMG 4485
IMG 4486
IMG 4481

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin
20/11/2020 9:34 am  

Could you please check it out?
You should set the S.Bus protocol icon in Brain2 and connect the S.Bus output of the receiver without inverter to the CH3 port of Brain2 and check if in this way the inverted S.Bus signal is decoded correctly and the radio channels works regularly.
Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Lance Njoroge
(@lance-njoroge)
Active Member Customer
20/11/2020 8:22 pm  

Could you please check it out?
You should set the S.Bus protocol icon in Brain2 and connect the S.Bus output of the receiver without inverter to the CH3 port of Brain2 and check if in this way the inverted S.Bus signal is decoded correctly and the radio channels works regularly.
Thank you.

Tried S-Bus in CH3 without the inverter, the Brain failed to boot, just stayed Red and nothing worked...

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin
20/11/2020 11:00 pm  

Red LED flashing or steady red always on?
If the led is steady red, when you run the windwond software, messages appear explaining that you need to reload the firmware.
If instead, with transmitter and receiver powered and binded, the red led is flashing and the green led does not light up, it means that the S.Bus signal is not correctly received and decoded.

ReplyQuote
Lance Njoroge
(@lance-njoroge)
Active Member Customer
21/11/2020 9:35 am  

Red LED flashing or steady red always on?
If the led is steady red, when you run the windwond software, messages appear explaining that you need to reload the firmware.
If instead, with transmitter and receiver powered and binded, the red led is flashing and the green led does not light up, it means that the S.Bus signal is not correctly received and decoded.

First off, is the windwond software the windows interface as I don't know what you are referring to, but if it is the LED is flashing.

The LED is flashing while the TX and RX are powered and in Bind, while following your instructions to disconnect the inverter and plug S-Bus to CH3.

This Brain is the Bluetooth version by the way, should that make any difference? also it's secondhand, but I reset it to factory defaults and checked for the latest firmware.  

My radio is EU LBT.

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin
21/11/2020 3:48 pm  

Unfortunately, the internal inverter of your control unit is faulty.
This is probably the reason why you were sold the second-hand control unit.
The serial number of your unit was first activated on Sunday, July 10, 2016 7:13:25 PM. It appears that the control unit has already flown for 7 hours, 42 minutes and 58 seconds.
So now, after more than four years your unit is well out of warranty.
Repairing your FCU out of warranty may cost you more than you paid for it used and second-hand.
Keep in mind that the unit would not have any problems with all protocols that use non-inverted signal (PPM, SUMO, UDI, SUMD, SRXL, SRXL2, F.Port, X-Bus, Hott, McLink, EX Bus, DSM2, DSMX, etc). The only protocols that use inverted signal are S.Bus and Smart Port.
In your case, using FrSky transmitter and receiver you could use F.Port protocol.
Or you could exchange your control unit with a friend who uses radios that do not use S.Bus / S.Bus2 / Smart Port protocols.

ReplyQuote
Lance Njoroge
(@lance-njoroge)
Active Member Customer
21/11/2020 8:15 pm  

Unfortunately, the internal inverter of your control unit is faulty.
This is probably the reason why you were sold the second-hand control unit.
The serial number of your unit was first activated on Sunday, July 10, 2016 7:13:25 PM. It appears that the control unit has already flown for 7 hours, 42 minutes and 58 seconds.
So now, after more than four years your unit is well out of warranty.
Repairing your FCU out of warranty may cost you more than you paid for it used and second-hand.
Keep in mind that the unit would not have any problems with all protocols that use non-inverted signal (PPM, SUMO, UDI, SUMD, SRXL, SRXL2, F.Port, X-Bus, Hott, McLink, EX Bus, DSM2, DSMX, etc). The only protocols that use inverted signal are S.Bus and Smart Port.
In your case, using FrSky transmitter and receiver you could use F.Port protocol.
Or you could exchange your control unit with a friend who uses radios that do not use S.Bus / S.Bus2 / Smart Port protocols.

Thankyou so much for your help, it explains everything now, having looked through my workshop I found a Frsky lipo voltage sensor which helped prove that the X8R S-Port is working as I have telemetry on the TX. I bought the Brain from a fellow club mate so I hope we'll be able to work something out as he's a reasonable man.

BrainDev liked
ReplyQuote
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Just leave your valid email address below.
Email Quantity We won't share your address with anybody else.