problems with pitch...

Notifications
Clear all

problems with pitch (curve) and getting 100%

clemetson
(@clemetson)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

i have a Ikon2 and a Dx6. When i get to setup menu 5 i can get my endpoints to 100% on everything but the pitch. if i use suggested pitch curve values (ex Normal: 46 48 50 75 100    IU 1 : 0 25 50 75 100    IU 2 : 0 25 50 75 100) in the normal mode i cant get to 100%. SO do i do this menu 5 setup in a linear setting like IU then for the rest of the setup screen go back to Normal mode? ... thanks much

BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

The answer is already in the instructions that should be read.

immagine

Other than that, you say the normal curve you set is the one suggested.
Suggested by whom? Suggested where?
Not by us in our instructions.
Non-linear pitch curves (-100% to +100%) were used a few decades ago and (sometimes) are used for reproductions.

For normal models with which after learning the first steps you can also start doing some aerobatic maneuvers (looping, tonneaux, etc.) there is now a tendency to use the same linear pitch curve in all modes in order to get used to the same collective pitch change reaction in all modes. This also makes learning easier. Otherwise pitch changes while changing modes could cause confusion and errors.
With the flight modes (normal, idle up1, idle up2, etc.) you change the rotor speed (throttle curves) to change only the reaction speed of the model to the controls.
Then of course everyone is free to do as they see fit.

ReplyQuote
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Just leave your valid email address below.
Email Quantity We won't share your address with anybody else.