[Solved] Very Slow/delayed collective response
As mentioned I have extremely delayed inputs when I made my first attempts to maiden my heli. Oxy 2 stretch 210 blades running a Micro Ubrain 2. Currently using Talon 25 set Rpm governor mode.
I have posted alot of relevant pictures and information on a helifreak forum but havent gotten much help yet. The link is below.
(Mods if there is any problem with linking helifreak I can just migrate the content. Email me if thats the case.)
We read your post on HeliFreak.
The tracking problem is a mechanical problem of the model and/or the blades and it is not a problem that can be generated by the flight controller unit, it has to be mechanically fixed and it cannot be fixed by our unit or by any other make or model of flight controller.
As far as throttle delays are concerned, we would need you to send us the current unit configuration file (you can download the configuration file from the unit with the file menu at the top left using the "Save config. to File ..." item).
It would seem to be a conflict problem between esc governor and Brain2 governor. You cannot use two esc governors together because they would conflict with each other. You have to choose between using the ESC governor or the Brain2 governor. Or you are only using the Brain2 governor correctly but it is not configured correctly.
Without having the current configuration file of your Brain2 we are not able to evaluate just a few of the thousand possible hypotheses.
If you could also send us a Flight Log and the Events file (both downloadable from the respective sub sections of the DIAGNOSTIC section) we would have more data to try to make a more targeted evaluation.
Thanks for the quick response, i am including my last two flight logs, and my event logs. I am not currently using Brain gov. Its my first kit build coming from rtf / bnf blade helis. I thought using Set rpm mode Gov on Castle Creations talon 25 would be the easier option. There are 3 photos on the helifreak link showing my castle creations esc settings. There is also a photo showing the choice of sport/acro/3d options on setup where you can activate brain governor. You can see in the photo mine is not checked. Brain gov not active as far as I can tell.
Thank you for your efforts, but the two flight logs you sent both have a duration of less than one second (0.76 seconds the first and 0.90 seconds the second). In the first 0.76 seconds the supply voltage is only 1.2V, which is insufficient to make the servos move. The two logs are therefore not related to a flight. Therefore nothing can be seen (RxThrottle signal rise, Throttle Out signal rise, RPM rise, etc).
From the sent events you don't see anything strange except a very high number of very short model ignitions.
The configuration file (xxxxxxxxx.MTR) is also missing.
However, we read on HeliFreak that your problem, maybe, is not due to the RPM climb speed (which from the sent logs is not visible and measurable and quantifiable), but maybe to mechanical problems that cause friction with consequent slowdowns in the pitch increase.
It is therefore better that you first check and solve any mechanical problems (We imagine one or both thrust bearings mounted upside down that prevent the blades from tilting when the rotor starts to rotate quickly and the centrifugal force starts to cause friction on the thrust bearings).
I think your assessment of mechanical issue is correct. I did have a reversed thrust bearing as well as a bearing glued to spindle/feathering shaft in the main grips. These are likely the cause of my issue. Sorry about sending 3 second flight logs . I'm quite new to this as you can probably see.
Thanks for your time and help. Ill touch back in with you if I need to.
We are happy to have helped you solve your problem even if it is independent from our control unit.
@customercare Your assessment was indeed correct, a reversed thrust bearing in the main grips. Flew one pack in heavy winds today and it was my first real maiden on oxy 2. You're the best guys.