Governor acting wer...

Notifications
Clear all

Governor acting werid in 3.4.013

maciej.j.wnuk
(@maciej-j-wnuk)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Ive uploaded the firmware today while being on the field, from 3.4.000 to 3.4.013

I went to fly but immediately noticed a problem with governor behavior. It was jittery, RPMs were hunting. It resulted in bad noises and occasional tail blow-outs due to sutten RPM kicks.

I've rolled back to 3.4.000 and everything went back to normal, indicating software/settings problem

Did anything governor-related change between 3.4.000 and 3.4.013? Do I have to chande someting in the settings, like lower governor gain for some reason?

The setup is: Goblin380, FrSky Neuron 80 ESC, HobbyWing phase sensor, Brain2.

BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

Rereading the release notes and from memory we do not remember to have introduced changes in the governor routines even if obviously we will do a thorough check.
Checking the flight log sent to us we notice some RPM oscillations typical of when both the ESC governor and the flight controller governor are active and conflict with each other. Regardless of the fact that with the old firmware 3.4.000 the problems seem to disappear, are you sure that the ESC governor is deactivated?
Have you tried firmware 3.4.012? How does it behave?
It would be useful to have also a flight log with firmware 3.4.000 with the exact same configuration as the flight log already sent to us.

ReplyQuote
maciej.j.wnuk
(@maciej-j-wnuk)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @customercare

Rereading the release notes and from memory we do not remember to have introduced changes in the governor routines even if obviously we will do a thorough check.
Checking the flight log sent to us we notice some RPM oscillations typical of when both the ESC governor and the flight controller governor are active and conflict with each other. Regardless of the fact that with the old firmware 3.4.000 the problems seem to disappear, are you sure that the ESC governor is deactivated?

I'm sure nothing changed in Brain or ESC settings between 3.4.000 and 3.4.013. 
I'm also 100% sure that governor in the ESC wasn't activated, because Neuron does not have it's own internal gov.

On 3.4.000 everything works great  - spoolup is smooth, bailout works nice, Headspeed is stable and "strong" during entire flight.

The moment I switch to 3.4.013 - everything gets screwed up, it sounds like ESC is trying to burn my motor.

I wasn't able to download and upgrade the firmware to 3.4.012 - this version didn't show up on the list on my phone. Now when I connected Brain to my PC I can see it - I'll try flying on this firmware and get back with results.

I've asked on FB group about this issue and if seems like I'm not the only one to notice something strange 

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

Thank you for the information and clarification.

ReplyQuote
maciej.j.wnuk
(@maciej-j-wnuk)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Ok, so I tried flying on 3.4.012 today.

Not flyable - same thing as with 3.4.013.

I had to go back to 3.4.000.

BrainDev liked
ReplyQuote
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Just leave your valid email address below.
Email Quantity We won't share your address with anybody else.