Notifications
Clear all

Endless FrameLosses with t4651

geofred
(@geofred)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hello,

I have Problem with my brandnew Brain2 and a t4651. Everything is configured and seems to work fine on the bench.

As soon as I connect my setup to Power (align bl50x in a T-Rex 470) the Flight log of the Spektrum is going berzerk.

I counts endless frame losses about 100 a second or so.  A second receiver showed the same behaviour.

Both receivers on another fbl (not a brain) with the same EC work fine and show no frame losses.

Switching PowerSupply to either 6.5 or 8.4 Volts makes no difference.

Please help me, I dont dare to fly my heli like that.

Greetings from Aachen,

Frank

Topic Tags
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

Please read the first Q1 in the FAQ section and send us the required files.
Have you updated the firmware of the receiver 4651T to the latest version?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
ludvigh.karoly
(@ludvigh-karoly)
Active Member Customer

Hi Geofred!

I'm currently dealing with the same issue, did you have any solutions?

Thanks a lot!

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

Posted by: @ludvigh-karoly

Hi Geofred!

I'm currently dealing with the same issue, did you have any solutions?

Thanks a lot!

Can you send the configuration file of your Flight Control Unit to verify it?
What version of firmware are you using in your 4651T receiver?

ReplyQuote
ludvigh.karoly
(@ludvigh-karoly)
Active Member Customer

@customercare 

Hi!

WHere should i send it? I tried in the windows app, but it was not working. I have no idea which firmware Im using on the receiver, I just bought it brand new, it is supposed to have the latest firmware. Also I do not have the 50 euros worth of cables required just to check if my brand new receiver has the latest firmware or not. But i checked with a Spirit FBL and it was working fine with that.

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

@customercare 

Hi!

WHere should i send it?

After saving your configuration using the "Save config.to file ..." command that you find in the Windows app in the "File" menu at the top left, you can upload your flight control unit file directly here in the forum and attach it to a post using the "Attach file" command. Please re-read here oru second precedent post: https://www.msh-electronics.com/forum/postid/2005/. Thanks!

I tried in the windows app, but it was not working. I have no idea which firmware Im using on the receiver, I just bought it brand new, it is supposed to have the latest firmware. Also I do not have the 50 euros worth of cables required just to check if my brand new receiver has the latest firmware or not. But i checked with a Spirit FBL and it was working fine with that.

The old firmwares of the 4651T receivers had a problem that caused the motor to shut down and a slow restart due to the soft start of the ESCs every time a radio frame of the transmitter was lost. In drones and airplanes this did not cause big problems because both do not use soft start. Due to this problem there were changes in the firmware of the flight control units that can cause other problems and malfunctions when using 4651T with old firmware.

Since we did not receive the necessary files for analysis, we do not know if there are any radio signal losses and consequent Throttle cuts. If this is your problem, it might be useful to add a DSMX satellite and connect it to one of the two SAT1 or SAT2 ports in order to have redundancy in radio signal reception.

Spektrum's SPMA3065 USB cable sells for $24.99 from the manufacturer:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/transmitter-receiver-programming-cable-usb-interface/SPMA3065.html

and is not only used to be able to update the firmware of all Spektrum devices but also to be able to register their serial number on "My Spektrum" activating their warranty.

ReplyQuote
ludvigh.karoly
(@ludvigh-karoly)
Active Member Customer

@customercare 

Hi!

Thanks for the anwer, I attached the file as you wrote, but I dont understand how the problem I and Geofred had connects to the throttle cut issue. If it would happen after a frame loss, it would be impossible to fly, since i get around a tousand frame losses per minute, eben in the gorund right after connecting the battery. I will update the firmware, but I dont have throttle cut issues, I have endless Framelosses issue, even though the heli flies perfectly, I even did 20 flights this weekend without any issue, my only concern is the endless framelosses. Also the 4651T supposed to work fine alone according to Spektrum.

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

@customercare 

Hi!

Thanks for the anwer, I attached the file as you wrote, but I dont understand how the problem I and Geofred had connects to the throttle cut issue. If it would happen after a frame loss, it would be impossible to fly, since i get around a tousand frame losses per minute, eben in the gorund right after connecting the battery. I will update the firmware, but I dont have throttle cut issues, I have endless Framelosses issue, even though the heli flies perfectly, I even did 20 flights this weekend without any issue, my only concern is the endless framelosses. Also the 4651T supposed to work fine alone according to Spektrum.

Thanks for the configuration file. Can you send also a Recorded log file to be able to analyze how is the "RxFrameRate" curve during a flight?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
ludvigh.karoly
(@ludvigh-karoly)
Active Member Customer

@customercare 

Thanks for the quick answer, here is a log. 

Also, can I ask this: after connecting the battery, the first two times I switch to idle up, only the swash moves, the motor only starts to work on the third switching up. I dont really know what is it.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

What transmitter model are you using?
Is it an EU model?
Did you set the transmitter protocol to DSMX 11ms as in the attached picture?

SPM 0023

Or is your transmitter EU and locked at 22ms?
Have you already tried to bind the receiver <=> transmitter?

About the swashplate movement of the elevator and the motor not starting until the third attempt, it is caused by the value set in the parameter "Min V to go" set on the voltage value of six cells to be checked, but with the ESC telemetry not active and therefore not able to read the voltage of the Lipo pack. Read the instructions in the balloon that appears by hovering the mouse over this parameter and set the value to 1.

immagine

Also in panel 13 of the Flight Style Wizard you see that you have not set any flight styles for Setup 2 and Setup 3.

ReplyQuote
ludvigh.karoly
(@ludvigh-karoly)
Active Member Customer

@customercare 

First of all, best customer service ever, thanks!

Im using a Dx7 Gen2. I tried to set to DSMX 11ms, but I have a european version, and it wont let me. Is there a way to set it anyway?

I tried binding like 10 times, 8 out of these 10 attempts right after binding, everything was working perfect, until I disconnected the battery and connected again. The endless framcounting started right after connecting again.

The swashplate movement I will set rigth, thanks.

Since I have only 7 channel I dont have flight setup, also I dont really need it.

thanks!

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

As in board games, we now return to the start.
It is in fact "very likely" that the firmware version of your receiver is earlier than version 2.39.0 in which a problem of increased fades with "EU" transmitters has been solved.
Or it is earlier than version 2.40.0 where some bugs have been fixed with DX7 Gen2 transmitters.
Or prior to version 2.42.1 where some issues have been fixed when binded in DSM2 mode (22ms) with DX7 transmitters.

Below are the firmware release notes for 4651T.

Version 2.44.0 (June 25, 2021)
------------------------------

- Improved bind compatibility with DXS transmitters

Version 2.43.2 (May 12, 2021)
-------------------------------

- Fix momentary use of Preset failsafe values in SRXL channel data during initial RF connect and on reconnect from Hold (thanks TheSteve)

Version 2.42.1 (March 4, 2021)
---------------------------------

- Fix incorrect overriding of telemetry Fades B to 0 when attached to flight controller
- Fix compatibility issue that is only present when binding in DSM2 mode to specific older radios (DX4/DX5/DX6i/DX7)

Version 2.40.0 (June 1, 2020)
-----------------------------

- Fix bug that could prevent telemetry from working on DX6/7 Gen2 radios in 22ms RF modes (thanks PolarFlyer & Bitingwolf)
- Fix bug in which RSSI always reports 100% when using DX6/7 Gen2 EU-mode radios (thanks HeliMLM)

Version 2.39.0 (April 17, 2020)
-------------------------------

- Fix bug in RF reception in EU mode that caused invalid RSSI reporting and increased fades in some radios (thanks chris_0815)

Version 2.38.2 (March 9, 2020)
------------------------------

- Fix SRXL2 telemetry behavior when used with AR6610T or AR637T as a remote receiver
(NOTE: AR637T/AR6610T must be v2.34.1 or higher to realize the full benefits of this improvement).
- Set default SRXL2 channel data to failsafe values during init instead of at RF connect.
- Improve bind reliability.

Version 2.37 (December 17, 2019)
--------------------------------

- Initial release

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin

Since I have only 7 channel I dont have flight setup, also I dont really need it.

It should never happen and probably never will, but if due to a glitch or an electrostatic discharge generated by the tail drive belt the flight controller should switch for a moment to one of the other unconfigured setups you might have problems. For maximum safety it is always better to configure them anyway.

ReplyQuote
ludvigh.karoly
(@ludvigh-karoly)
Active Member Customer

@customercare Thanks a lot, as soon as I get the update cable, I will get back with my findings.

Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Just leave your valid email address below.
Email Quantity We won't share your address with anybody else.