Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Brain 2 - Firmware 3.3.031 Problem with throttle  

RSS

gary.bridgewater
(@gary-bridgewater)
Active Member Customer
25/08/2020 8:22 pm  

Hi,  I have been setting up my Brain2 on a new Kraken 580 and am using a Brain2 from a heli that was flying perfectly.  When I changed the Brain2 over to my new heli, I updated the firmware to the offered 3.3.031.  Setup on the unit was fine, or so I thought; until I tried to throttle up whilst setting up governor mode on my Hobbywing ESC.  I am using SBUS with Taranis Open TX and the ESC throttle cable is plugged in to CH-1 of Brain2. With SBUS cable from an RX8R SBUS OUT going to CH-3 of Brain2  Just as I have previously done when setting up a Trex 700 and also a Kraken 700 both with Brain2.  All other servos function as they should and therefore I was perplexed as to why the throttle to the electric brushless motor would not work.  I rolled the firmware back to 3.3.019 and hey presto, all good again, throttle now working as it should.  Thoughts please??

BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin
26/08/2020 8:40 am  

Good morning, Gary,

We're sorry for the trouble you're having.
Don't worry about it, because we'll find a solution for sure.

Our servers show that even if they are still few, already 1539 users have updated their control units to version 3.3.031 and no one else has reported your problem so far.
(also because between FW 3.3.019 and 3.3.031 there are no changes to the S.Bus protocol).

We therefore need as much information as possible about your specific configuration.
- Which transmitter model do you use?
- What firmware do you use in the transmitter?
- What version of OpenTx do you use in your transmitter?
- What firmware do you use in the RX8R receiver?
  (of course we test and test before the release of each of our new firmware and software versions with the latest ACCST 2.1.0 and ACCESS 2.1.0 and OpenTx 2.3.9 versions).
- Could you send us your transmitter configuration file (OTX file)? At the very least we need to know what kind of Fail Safe you have set up in your transmitter.
- Could you send us the configuration file of your control unit (MTR file)?
- Could you send us the Events file of your control unit?
- Could you send us a file of any Flight Log?

Thank you very much!

ReplyQuote
gary.bridgewater
(@gary-bridgewater)
Active Member Customer
27/08/2020 12:19 pm  

Hi,  Thank you for your swift response.  After reading I decided to update again to 3.3.031 and now all is working correctly.  Can't understand why I had the original problem?  Maybe a glitch in my broadband? Who knows, but all resolved, thank you.

ReplyQuote
BrainDev
(@customercare)
Member Admin
27/08/2020 1:26 pm  

We appreciate the feedback and we're glad you solved your problem.
We were sure you'd solve it.

There may have been many causes:
Different ESC with a different throttle Output MIN value to reduce to trigger,
You were connected to the unit with the Windows software or the Android or iOS app or you had the integration active and Check Mode was active (it is automatically activated in the swshplate setup pages or in the queue setup page or by going to Advanced in the servo setup and selecting the relevant checkbox)
Throttle Hold switch active in the transmitter?
Throtle Cut switch active in the transmitter?
Was the transmitter off?
Was the flight controller unit powered from the PC via the USB cable but the receiver was not powered by the BEC?
Was the ESC not powered?

We can make dozens of assumptions but they are useless since the moment of panic is over and now everything works for you.

Good flights!

ReplyQuote
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Just leave your valid email address below.
Email Quantity We won't share your address with anybody else.