[Solved] Connect FlySky IA10B receiver
Am I able to connect my FlySky IA10B receiver using the PPM channel 1 connected to channel 3 on Brain2? Do I select the PPM/SUMO or the Open TX receiver? It works wired as a Standard receiver, I'm just trying to eliminate extra wires.
Yes, of course, you can use the PPM output of your receiver by connecting it to the CH3 connector of the flight controller, and selecting the PPM protocol icon.
Once the PPM protocol icon is selected, the next panel of the Wizard will automatically select and display the correct connection scheme to be used with the connected flight control unit and the selected PPM protocol.
Obviously, using the analog PPM protocol that does not manage telemetry data streams (like all standard receivers), you will not be able to have either telemetry or Integrations.
But, compared to connecting a standard receiver that occupies all ports from CH1 to CH6, you will have the following advantages:
- Being able to use the Governor of the Brain2 flight controller,
- Being able to read and record in the Recorded Logs the telemetry parameters of the ESC (if it is an ESC that transmits telemetry data),
- To be able to use also the auxiliary output B-Aux2 & B-Aux3,
- Control Auto Level and/or Rescue through a dedicated channel assigned to B-Aux1,
- Being able to control a 4 servo swashplate,
- Etc. etc.
Am I missing something here? I connected my receiver channel 1, PPM to Brain2, channel 3. The red light lights up on the receiver, but I don't get any response with controls on the transmitter. Using TX16s radio.
Got it. I didn't change the receiver setting to PPM. Thanks