As usual new Firmware notifications will be automatic, and system will prompt user of the presence of new updates once powered unit is connected to a Windows PC or Android devices or iOS devices with Internet connection active.
For those with Brain2/iKon2 that do not frequently use the APP/Software (because the flight controller unit is fine as it was set up), let’s take a look at what is coming with this update:
(As you can read from the title and below, this is just a firmware update. There are no Windows, Android and iOS app updates.)
– Firmware (only) 3.3.031 (46°) 18 August 2020 (very hot days)
NOTE for FrSky users using F.Port: Due to the Application ID change of the VFAS emulated sensors, in the TELEMETRY setup page of transmitter, you have to select “Delete all (previous) sensors” and then select “Discover new sensors”.
- All FrSky sensors emulated with F.Port to transmit ESC values have had their Application ID changed like for Smart.Port in the previous versions. This due to the new ACCESS firmware’s for FrSky RX that allow a fast and easy change between S.Bus+Smart.Port protocol and F.Port protocol. This modify require a new “sensor discovery” selection on the transmitter
- New downloadable version of the Brain2FrSky.zip pack, with working “Positive Throw” for Servo1 value changes in the LUA Integration applications
- Eliminated the fake messages that with Spektrum SPM4651T receivers filled the Events with 150 messages overwriting older events
- “Frame Losses” value transmitted to the TX it is now the “canonical” cumulative value
- Improvements/optimization/compression/size reduction/speed up of the code